Edward Hanratty, Esq.
Edward Hanratty is a partner with the Freehold, NJ-based law firm, Tomes and Hanratty, P.C. He received his law degree from the Western Michigan University Law School in Lansing, Michigan and a bachelor’s degree in math from St. Johns College, Annapolis, Maryland. Mr. Hanratty is an experienced consumer protection and bankruptcy attorney.
- New Jersey, 1998
- Pennsylvania, 2001
- West Virginia, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2009
- United States Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District to WV, 2001
- Pro Bono Service Recognition United States Bankruptcy Court, District of NJ 2010
Areas of Practice
- Consumer Protection
- Municipal Court Law
Honors and Accomplishments
- Mr. Hanratty’s career includes active participation in many New Jersey and local consumer, bankruptcy and legal associations.
- Mr. Hanratty has been Vice Chair of the New Jersey State Car Consumer Protection Section since 2006
- Speaking Engagements Mr. Hanratty has been invited to speak before many New Jersey and public organizations about consumer protection and bankruptcy.
- Mr. Hanratty has spoken on bankruptcy as part of the Legal Services Annual Training in 2009, 2010 and 2012, on Bankruptcy Training for Lawyers in 2013 and on Debt Consolidation Plans in 2010.
- 2013 Speaking Engagements:
- The Mercer County Public Library on Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- The Legal Services of New Jersey Conference on Discharging Taxes in Bankruptcy
- A Consumer Actions in New Jersey Conference on Claims Against Home Improvement Contractors
- An Interplay of Divorce and Bankruptcy Law Conference on Divorce and Bankruptcy
- An Annual Legal Services Bankruptcy Training Conference on Consumer Bankruptcy
- 2012 Speaking Engagements:
- Developments in Consumer Protection Law Conference on Consumer Protection in 2012
- Mr. Hanratty in 2011 at:
- Legal Services of New Jersey Annual Training Conference on Bankruptcy
- 2009 Speaking Engagements:
- The New Jersey Association for Justice on Protecting your client when Bankruptcy is involved in your lawsuit
Professional Associations and Memberships Associations
- Monmouth Bar Association, Member since 2012
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member since 2008
- Middlesex County Bar Association, Member since 2006
- National Association of Consumer Attorneys, Member since 2006
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Member since 2006
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member (Bankruptcy Section) since 2006
- Mercer County Bar Association, Member since 2000