Monmouth County Birth Injury Attorneys
Representing NJ clients affected by birth injuries
Medical personnel cannot prevent all possible birth issues, but they can and should be alert and aware of any risk factors and/or complications that arise unexpectedly. They must respond in a way that reduces the risk of harm to the child. We hope that the medical staff that is tending to the birth of a child will take all precautions in order to ensure the safety of the patients. Sometimes, the medical standard of care is not met and people suffer. If your family believe that you have a medical malpractice case against a negligent doctor, you need to discuss your case with a legal professional. If you need quality legal support and advice when facing tough times, contact Tomes & Hanratty, P.C. for an initial consultation.
Causes of Birth Injuries
Sometimes, terrible things happen and it truly is no one’s fault. There are many instances where a birth injury could have been avoided. Some of the causes of birth injuries include:
- Failure to foresee birth complications
- Delay in, or failure to order, a cesarean section
- Misuse of medical instruments, such as forceps or a vacuum extractor during delivery
- Failure to observe or respond to fetal distress, such as an irregular heartbeat or umbilical cord entrapment
- Failure to respond appropriately and immediately to bleeding
- Failure to accurately administer medications used to help reduce pain or induce/speed up labor
- Inadequate caring of the infant after the birth, resulting in injury to the child
When birth injuries occur as a result of negligence on the part of medical personnel or the medical facility, it is considered medical malpractice. These instances happen because medical professionals did not meet the medical standard of care. If your baby was a victim of birth trauma, you deserve to find out if medical malpractice caused your baby’s injuries.
Contact an attorney with birth injury medical malpractice experience
Injuries that occur as a result of a medical professional’s error may be medical malpractice. If you or your child suffered a birth injury or trauma due to medical negligence, contact the attorneys at Tomes & Hanratty, P.C. to arrange for your free, initial consultation. We fight tirelessly on behalf of every single client to make sure that they receive the compensation they deserve. We can’t turn back the clock but we can fight to make sure your medical bills and child’s future are taken care of and more. If you, your baby, or someone you know, was injured during childbirth, contact Tomes & Hanratty, P.C. for an initial consultation.