$10,000 grant that is forgivable:
There is an emergency advance of up to $10,000 to small businesses and private non-profits harmed by COVID-19 within 3 days of applying for an SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL). To access the advance, you first apply for an EIDL and then request the advance. The advance does not need to be repaid under any circumstance, and may be used for: payroll, sick leave, increased production costs due to supply chain disruptions, or pay business obligations, including debts, rent, and mortgage payments. The loan can be applied for here: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
In addition to the entities that are already eligible for SBA disaster loans (small businesses, private non-profits, and small agriculture cooperatives), eligibility is temporarily expanded to include:
- Business entities with 500 or fewer employees:
- Sole proprietorships, with or without employees
- Independent contractors
- Cooperatives and employee owned businesses
- Tribal small businesses
- Private non-profits of any size.
Additionally, you must have been in business as of January 31, 2020. Expanded eligibility criteria and the emergency grants are only available between January 31, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
How to Apply
- You can apply for an EIDL online with the SBA.
- When you apply, you can request an emergency grant of $10,000.
- The SBA will provide the grant within 3 days of receiving your application.
- You will not have to repay the grant, even if your application for a loan is denied.
- You can visit an SBA resource partner who can help guide you through the loan application process. You can find your nearest Small Business Development Center (SBDC) or Women’s Business Center here.
Can I apply for other SBA loan programs?
If you apply for an EIDL and the grant, you can still apply for a Paycheck Protection loan. However the amount forgiven under a Paycheck Protection loan will be decreased by the $10,000 grant.
For more information or for assistance in completing forms or needing debt relief, feel free to contact us.