Individuals who are charged with driving while intoxicated in New Jersey are facing a lot of very serious consequences. It is important for an individual who has been charged with a DWI or any other offense to retain the services of an experienced attorney that can look for defenses on behalf of the individual. There are several ways that an attorney can challenge a DWI offense after the careful examination of the entire situation, including the use of some of the following defenses:
- The law enforcement over did not have a valid reason to pull the driver over in the first place
- The law enforcement officer failed to follow the 20-minute rule that requires the officer to observe the individual for 20 minutes before conducting a chemical breath test
- The officer failed to abide by the requirements of administering field sobriety tests, such as:
- The law enforcement officer did not read the individual all of the instructions
- The law enforcement officer did not demonstrate the test for the individual
- The law enforcement officer failed to inform the individual that they are allowed to remove their high heels during the test
- The individual is unable to pass the test due to health issues they have
If you have been charged with a DWI in New Jersey, contact our firm today.
If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters of personal injury, medical malpractice, medical device injuries, unsafe drug injuries, consumer protection, bankruptcy, SSD, or criminal law in New Jersey, please contact Tomes Law Firm, PC and we will be happy to assist you.