Published on

One of the most concerning things to people after being involved in an automobile accident is who is going to pay their medical bills and lost wages. They are particularly concerned about that when they don’t have medical insurance and will often not seek treatment for their injuries. However, in New Jersey if you are involved in a car accident, it is actually the automobile insurance policy that will cover your medical bills as well as your lost wages. It is important to seek out the assistance of an attorney to determine what particular automobile insurance policy will cover your medical bills because it can vary depending on how the accident happens. If you do have medical insurance, we recommend that you also put your medical insurance carrier on notice as well because it is possible that they will cover any medical bills that an automobile insurance carrier does not cover.

Not being able to work as a result of injuries sustained in an automobile accident can be very frustrating for people especially when they have medical bills piling up. You can apply for temporary disability insurance benefits through the state of New Jersey as long as you file them within 30 days from the date of your accident. Temporary disability benefits can assist you in compensation for your lost wages, medical expenses and pain and suffering.

If you are in need of experienced legal counsel in New Jersey, please contact Tomes Law Firm, PC and we will be happy to assist you.